Engagement season is upon us belles, one of our favorite times of the year! There must be something about the holidays that makes folks want to get hitched. We see if every year, November and December roll around and all of a sudden everyone is engaged.
If you are among those newly engaged brides out there we bet your head is just spinning with to-do lists and your coffee table is littered with wedding magazine. You might be feeling a little overwhelmed and that is perfectly okay. Your life is about to change in a really awesome way and we are here with you every step of the way.
After the rose petals have settled and the champagne has been popped you might be wondering what to do next. To help you navigate the next few weeks here is a list of some things to act on, think about and celebrate:
- Share the news! Call friends, family and loved ones and tell them personally that you’re engaged. We recommend telling those closest to you individually before anything is posted on social media. You also might want to tell those you share with first to not spread the news until you and your groom go public.
- Make it FBO (Facebook official). Let’s face it ladies, we all know that you’re dying to put that ring of yours on social media just make sure you’ve told all the important people in your lives before you go social.
- Get your bling insured. Your groom has spent a very pretty penny to give you the ring of your dreams and you certainly want to protect it. Many times you can add it on to your home or renters insurance so call your insurance agent asap!
- Let the fun begin! Brainstorm with your groom some very very preliminary details such as time of year you want to get hitched, if you’re eloping, and possibly a general location. Grab some bridal magazines and turn the channel to TLC and let your inner bride sing. But, seriously, know when to stop. Take it easy and go slow. Rome wasn’t built in a day and certainly no wedding was planned in a day either!
- Have some important conversations with some important people. After you and your groom have a better idea of what you are wanting for your wedding it is time to talk money with all contributing parties. We know this isn’t fun but it is definitely necessary. Think about who will have a hand in contributing to the wedding; will it be only you and your groom, your family, his family, other friends or relatives? Sit down with all those people and talk numbers up front so that no one is left blindsided or upset later on down the road.
- Spend time with your groom! The best part about wedding planning is that at the very end of it you have yourself a husband! With your head always occupied with guest counts and meal choices it is easy to forget to go on a date. Take some time away from planning, days even, and just be present with your groom. Go on a picnic, a run or another fun date. Chances are that wedding planning doesn’t excite him the way it does you so make sure to turn the wedding brain off sometimes.
- Call Posh Petals and Pearls! An obvious but serious step, make sure to chat with us and see what we can do for you. We are thrilled to be a part of your big day and we can’t wait to meet you!